Open Space Seattle:2100

Monday, August 21, 2006

Seward Park is no Folly

Recently, Seward Park has been catching my fancy. When I realized it was a short 10 minute bike ride away, I was sold. It is an amazing place. Formerly an island, then a penninsula once Lake Washington was lowered to make accommodations for the Hiram Chittenden Locks, the park is an amazing mix of ecosystems, ethnic diversity, funny/chubby kids and more than a few boats on the weekends.

In a small piece in this weekend's Pacific magazine, there is a great little interview with Jenni Conrad. Check it out to find out more about the old Bailey penninsula.

1 Comments:

  • Unrelated to your post, but thanks for linking to us! I found this blog a couple of months ago while searching for information about Open Space. I've since shared the link with the rest of our office.
    -Melanie, Project Assistant

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home